Monday, November 24, 2008

NIGHT #2 - AND NOT A PEEP!


Tristan has figured out, in no uncertain terms, where he's going to sleep. He snuggled in by our feet while we watched 24, and stayed there all evening. At 11:30, we put him in the crate - using the "organic door" method. Every time he tried to get out, he encountered an open palm that he just couldn't push past. When he laid down, the same hand stroked him. He fell asleep in about 20 minutes. Yaay! We just left him with the door open.

I came to check on him five minutes later... and he was fast asleep by the couch. So that's where he stayed, only waking up at 5 to go pee, and even then back to sleep until 6. What a good boy! We'll just have to take the crate training a bit slower, because he really doesn't like to be penned in. Right now, he's beside me (and I mean right beside me, so he can see me!) in a playpen, and he thinks that's unacceptable. But he is starting to settle now and I think he'll have a nap soon. In this picture, he says, "Let me out right now, or the sheep gets it!"

As for playing, Tristan is really coming out of his shell. He and Ginny have been trying to figure out how to get a game of doggy-tag underway, in spite of their great difference in size. More pictures later - for now, I have to see if I can work while puppy sleeps (yes! He's just zonked out in the playpen!) I would take a picture, but I don't want to wake him up with the flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment