Sunday, May 10, 2009

Crate Training Report

Cerise's first night was very quiet. She settled into the crate right away and fell asleep. No noise until 4:49 - that's right! Almost the magic "slept through the night" hour of 5:00 a.m. Then she made some little snuffling noises that could have meant anything (including "I have to pee") so I picked her up and carried her outstide. My snuffly-noise interpretation was almost right. In fact, what she meant was, "I have to pee Right Now" and by the time we got outside my pajama leg was all wet and she didn't have to pee anymore. Oh well.

This morning Cerise will go on her first "walk" in the carrier. I think she's going to be one of those puppies with boundless energy, so we'll also find a quiet bike path and see how she does on the leash.

Cerise can't get on the couch yet, but she can sail off of it. She seems to think the floor isn't as far down on the other side of the living room. Or maybe she thinks she can fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment