Friday, May 29, 2009

2. The Doggy Toilet

This is my partially built doggy toilet.

I read about it on the internet. It should be 8' x 8'. You should dig out the sod, build a retaining wall and fill the area with hardwood mulch.

Digging out sod isn't easy. Well, it is easy, I suppose, but it takes a very long time. So I decided to kill it with landscaping fabric.

And why is the doggy toilet L-shaped instead of just 8' x 8'? There is an answer to that question but I don't want to talk about it.

Anyway, I laid out my landscaping fabric and pinned it down with little green stakes. Don measured and cut the landscaping ties (as these particular "boards" are called). He said, "Hahah. It's not square." He wasn't referring to the L shape, but to the two front corners which, yes, I must admit, are not "square".

He said, "(Hahah.) Why is it so big?" I said, "It's supposed to be 8' x 8'." Well of course he had the tape measure in his hand as all handy-men do. "It's about 8' x 12'," he said. "Hahah. You're supposed to measure."

Well I don't think the dogs care if it's square or exactly 8' x 8'.

I bought 11 bags of mulch at Home Depot. What you see in the doggy toilet is all 11 bags. Don said, "You should just get a truck full." Oh, and of course, "Hahah."

I can just imagine how funny it will be if Ginny refuses to pee in it.

2 comments:

  1. Here is my pre-emptive "HAHA"
    I'm with Don.
    Good try mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT with Don. The day a dog poops a square, I may change my mind (whilst feeling sorry for the dog - ow!). Pete has friends with 4 or maybe 5 collies and they have a toilet corner. Come to think of it, because it's in a corner, its probably a triangle (not a square). I used to live on 2 acres surrounded by farm land and we taught our dog to go into the adjoining hay hay field and do his thing there. So, they can do it!

    ReplyDelete