Sunday, August 16, 2009

I don't want a toy. I want you to pet me!


I think it's a pretty safe bet that Sammie won't bite. She HATES having a bath and spent the time leaning as far as she could out of the tub in case I gave her room to wiggle away. She wouldn't take a treat from me until she was safely out and towelled off, but she kept her gentle nature throughout.

Today's walk was much better. She didn't pull at the leash at all, and didn't try to jump up on anyone. She's learning to stop and sit when she hears her name, because chances are there's a treat involved! In the afternoon, she went to the pet store with me and was pretty nervous. But she did well considering how much difference there is between "under the trailer" and "in the middle of a big store with all kinds of people milling about".

Oh, and last night we just gave her a blanket and went to bed. But when we woke up in the morning, she was asleep in the crate, so yes - she's crate trained!

No comments:

Post a Comment