Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sammie pUpdate

No picture today because Sammmie is still napping and it's just oh-so-boring!

Sammie and Kids: I should have had the camera on last night's walk. In front of us was a dad with his dog and a little girl about 7. Sammie spent most of the walk beside the little girl, plodding along as though they were the best of buddies. It was very sweet, and I think Sammie belongs with children. So far, she has never jumped up on one - she just seems to be really content each time she finds one.

Sammie's Secret: Sammie can jump into the truck by herself now - the secret was to get her to take a run at it and then she's up and in before she realizes what happened. I say "was" because Sammmie has figured out the secret, and has developed a counter-secret. Take a big run at the truck, but come to a dead halt once your front legs are up and then someone will come and lift your back end in, just like the good old days.

Jumping Bean Solution: There's something about food and walks that gets poor Sammie into a tizzy. I swear she levitates. But she also has a bad habit of pawing and jumping on the bringer of food and leashes. So far, I've been able to reduce the habit by about 40% with the Off! command, but there we hit a wall. This morning I think I found the solution. As soon as she starts pawing, I walk right into her and just keep walking. She immediately backs up and finally turns away. I'm going to perfect it and report back... my bet is she will be cured of jumping in two more days.

Breathing Blues: We should get some lab results back tomorrow to find out how to clear up Sammie's nose ... she's just like a kid with a bad cold. When she sneezes, I try my best to get there with a kleenex before she sticks her tongue out. I love her to pieces, but it's oh so disgusting!

No comments:

Post a Comment