Sunday, May 9, 2010

Resistance was Futile


And who can blame me? Look at that little face!

I did well for five days after the last of Maggie's litter was disbursed, and while I was painting walls I thought I might have had enough fostering. I even turned down the first request. But the paint was still drying when someone asked me if I could take Gillmore. Don visibly sighed (you know, where your shoulders kind of droop because you know there's no hope?) He didn't say anything though (because of the hope issue).

I picked up Gillmore this morning. He's a chihuahua-terrier cross. At 8 weeks, he weighs about 2 pounds but he's a sturdy little fellow who will have strong legs and tons of personality. His first lesson started today: no grrring at the big dogs while he's eating! That's the only lesson he's had so far except that it's nice and warm inside people's shirts. Tomorrow, we'll spill him out onto the floor to find his place among the rest of the pack.

Gillmore's little sister, Gem, is recovering from puppy jet-lag, and then (I hope!) she'll be coming to join him. Fingers crossed!

For information about adopting Gillmore or Gem or many other adorable little mutts, visit http://www.littlemuttsrescue.org/adopt/index.html



2 comments:

  1. OK, he is really cute. I'm just glad we were able to have you over before he arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you say he just ran away about the time i come back to chilli? he'll fit in my carry on right?

    ReplyDelete