Tuesday, October 5, 2010

All About Toby


Yes, I know I say this about almost all of them. But Toby is a great little dog - quiet, loving and content. I think he's not more than about a year old, 11" tall, 20" long and 17 pounds. This is in case you're wondering whether or not he'll fit into your family life.

He's comfortable with other dogs and with cats, neither submissive nor aggressive, so they are relaxed around him. He doesn't show much interest in playing with dogs though. He would sooner play with toys or be cuddled by humans

He will be very attached to his humans. He brings his food to me piece by piece so he can chew it beside me instead of in the other room by his dish. He still has some puppy silliness - he climbed into my lap while I was driving, saw his reflection in the window and scared himself half to death. And when I pick him up, he tips over backwards as though he's used to being carried like a baby.

Toby isn't completely house trained, but he'll figure it out soon. It's dawning on him that he gets a CH! when he pees in the house, and he doesn't like that at all. I think he may not have lived in a house before.

He also doesn't know any of the basic commands, such as sit, stay and lay down. He thinks everything means 'come'. That's why his photo is a close-up. As soon as I'm out of arm's reach he follows me.

And that's all I can think of for now. Toby is an awesome little guy with all the good traits of a small breed and none of the bad ones. And on top of that, he's pretty darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment