Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our New Little Lamb

All right, so this isn't the bouncy ball of fluff you usually see on DogSpot. This is Ivy about four hours after she arrived. She hasn't talked to us yet, or had anything to eat or drink. But she did go to sleep for about an hour, which meant she had to close her eyes and stop watching for trouble. And that was a big step for Ivy.

I set up the X-pen around the crate, and put in some of water and a tiny dish of puppy food and rice. I think maybe she'll come out and have a drink once we all go to bed, and maybe a bite to eat. And for the first time, I bought some of those puppy pee-pads and put one inside the pen because I think it's best not to disturb Ivy until she's feeling a little braver.

Ginny has been very respectful - she doesn't go too close to the crate, but kind of looks in from a distance with her head tipped to one side. I think it will be Ginny who brings Ivy out of her shell, but all in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment