Thursday, January 8, 2009

DALLAS - TRUE COLORS!

When Dallas arrived and hid among the boots, we gave him a squeaky toy, which he sniffed and then ignored.

Before bed-time, I carried him outside twice, but he was too scared to pee. At first I thought he might just sleep among the boots. But Megan wanted to sleep beside him, and I didn't think the boots were a great place for a kid! So I made Megan a bed in my office and put Dallas in a crate right beside her head. He went in with no complaints because he liked the privacy.

I got up at 3:45 because I figured Dallas's bladder must be near to bustin' by then (it was!) He was a little braver in the dark and quiet, and came back into the house on his own four feet. The first thing he did was head for the boot bench. We just about cried when he immediately came back to us with the toy we'd given him earlier. We knew we were winning him over! After about 20 minutes of visiting (and picture taking, of course!) back in the crate he went, and slept until morning.
Megan and I were at the dentist when Rodeo arrived at 8:30. By the time I got back, Rodeo and Dallas were playing up a storm, with foster-mama Ginny supervising. Now Rodeo and Dallas are fast asleep in their crates and all is well!
Although I don't know Dallas very well yet, all the early signs are that he is going to be big, beautiful and gentle. More on his personality as it begins to shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment