Wednesday, January 28, 2009

DAY 3 (A RAY OF HOPE!)


Here is Padget learning to wait.

For Padget's second night, I decided not to put the crate beside the bed, because she doesn't ask to come out anyway - she just sends out this big brown aroma that says, "Hey... you up?"

My plan was to get up in time to catch her - maybe closer to 5:30 when she can't hold it any longer.

First wake-up was 2:22 (well, mine was 2:22). Based on the distance poo molecules travel per minute vs. the distance between her crate and our bedroom door, I would say Padget's wake-up was just before 2. I put the crate outside, and Padget and I came in to ponder the situation. Well, I pondered. Padget, comfortable and warm, fell fast asleep by my feet.

Padget 4. Maggie - 0.

Obviously, crates are out. Crates and Padget go together like... well... pee and poo. So I left that stinky old crate outside, set up a puppy play-pen right beside Padget's dish, put Padget in it and went to bed. And in the morning, no pee and no poo. Not only that, but Padget pooped in the back yard when I put her out!

Padget still 4. Maggie - 1.

Hah!

1 comment:

  1. I knew you'd come out on top! She may be a challenge, but she's a real cutie.

    ReplyDelete